By Kerry Walters
Provides a complete evaluation of 10 significant slave revolts and examines how these uprisings and conspiracies impacted slaveholding colonies and states from 1663 to 1861.
- Offers an summary of yank slave revolts and conspiracies to revolt
- Explores the context of persistent worry of rebellion in slaveholding colonies and states in North the USA from 1663 to 1861
- Offers debts gleaned from fundamental assets concerning slave leaders and their lieutenants, and of the rigors that condemned them
- Describes the weather of worry within which slaveholding whites lived, in addition to many of the social practices and felony statutes they enacted to lessen the chance of slave revolt
- Includes a story, basic fabrics, biographics, a chronology, and an annotated bibliography—all of in order to be worthwhile to scholars writing papers at the topic
Read or Download American Slave Revolts and Conspiracies: A Reference Guide: A Reference Guide PDF
Similar encyclopaedias books
This authoritative reference paintings offers well timed details at the worldwide politics of water. Readers will locate case reviews on numerous complicated water occasions, from the Okavango River that flows via Angola, Namibia and Botswana, to the Euphrates-Tigris of the higher Persian Gulf. With the present hazard of weather switch and extending call for on water assets, the e-book supplies worthwhile perception into an more and more politicized subject.
Craft Elder and writer Raven Grimassi has revised and elevated his imperative reference paintings, the award-winning Encyclopedia of Wicca & Witchcraft. the 1st booklet of its style to be written via a practising Witch, this consultant offers Wicca/Witchcraft as a religious direction, connecting non secular ideas and spirituality to either a historic history and glossy perform.
The written notice is among the defining components of Christian event. As full of life within the 1st century because it is within the twenty first, Christian literature has had an important functionality in heritage, and academics and scholars have to be reminded of this robust literary legacy. masking 2,000 years, The Encyclopedia of Christian Literature is the 1st encyclopedia dedicated to Christian writers and books.
In 1996, Garland released the second one version of the Encyclopedia of Police technological know-how, edited by way of the overdue William G. Bailey. The paintings coated the entire significant sectors of policing within the US. considering that then a lot learn has been performed on policing matters, and there were major adjustments in options and within the American police method.
- Karl Larenz – Methodenlehre und Philosophie des Rechts in Geschichte und Gegenwart (Berliner Juristische Universitätsschriften: Grundlagen des Rechts 49) (German Edition)
- Encyclopedia of African American Women Writers [2 volumes]
- Green Consumerism: An A-to-Z Guide (The SAGE Reference Series on Green Society: Toward a Sustainable Future-Series Editor: Paul Robbins)
- Culinary Encyclopaedia - A Dictionary of Technical Terms, the Names of All Foods, Food and Cookery Auxillaries, Condiments and Beverages - Specially a
Additional resources for American Slave Revolts and Conspiracies: A Reference Guide: A Reference Guide
American Slave Revolts and Conspiracies: A Reference Guide: A Reference Guide by Kerry Walters